[NFB-Idaho] important legislation contact your house member and senators this week

pres.nfbidaho at gmail.com pres.nfbidaho at gmail.com
Mon May 15 21:16:08 UTC 2023

The below information is pasted from the President's Notebook for this week.
Please contact your senators and your representative about the appropriate
bill. H.R. is for house of representatives, and S. is senate.

Access Technology Affordability Act (S. 1467):

Now that the Access Technology Affordability Act has been introduced in the
118th Congress, it's all hands on deck to build cosponsor support. We have a
strong start with Senators Boozman (AR), Wyden (OR), and Young (IN) stepping
in as original cosponsors, but it's going to take a lot more than the three
of them to get the bill passed. The Senate will be in session all this week
before they take a week break ahead of Memorial Day, so we need you to
contact your state's two senators and urge them to cosponsor S. 1467, the
Access Technology Affordability Act.

Medical Device Nonvisual Accessibility Act (H.R. 1328):

Since the Medical Device Nonvisual Accessibility Act (H.R. 1328) was
introduced on March 1 with thirty-two original cosponsors, we have seen a
relatively steady flow of cosponsors sign on throughout the month of April
and the beginning of May. We know that the House will be in session for the
next two weeks before the Memorial Day holiday, so we need your help to turn
that steady flow into a surge of cosponsors. Please call your representative
and urge them to cosponsor H.R. 1328, the Medical Device Nonvisual
Accessibility Act.