[NFB-Iowa-Students] December 18 executive call minutes

Elizabeth Rouse rousee2 at central.edu
Thu Dec 21 22:19:05 UTC 2017

 Good afternoon,
Please find below the minutes for our most recent call.
Happy holidays!
Elizabeth

December 18, 2017 6:00 PM
Attendance, Janae, Katy, Adam, Beth, Bryan, Jaxon, and President Jerad
Legislative call coming in January!  The call will be January 8 at 8:00
PM.  This call will be led by Beth.
AIMHE letters must be flowing in. Get as many as possible. Two minimum for
each board member. Please email all letters to Beth at Rousee2 at central.edu.
Each board member will be responsible for contacting certain students to
write letters upon interest.
AIMHE letters can come from anyone who has had experience with
inaccessibility in the classroom.
AIMHE may be merging with another piece of legislation. Keep your ears
peeled for this information, coming soon. It has not happened yet.
State affiliate is organizing an outreach committee. Katy and Adam are
involved.
Katy suggests communication with other students as well as joining a local
chapter of the NFB.
Bryan made the suggestion of creating a ”How To” book for future student
division leaders.
Think of any goals for 2018.
Feel free to apply for the NFB scholarship due in March 2018.

 We are seeing some incredible work going on in this student division. Keep
it up! Have a happy holiday season
--
Elizabeth Rouse
Central class of 2020