[Nfb-krafters-korner] Annette's knitted little Christmas stocking

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Mon Dec 1 01:04:50 UTC 2008

Here is the pattern for my version of the little stocking ornament.  I hope
it makes sense.  I'm also providing the link to the original pattern.

Annette's Little Christmas Stocking
Original pattern can be found at URL:
http://www.knitlist.com/95gift/knitsock.htm

I have used both size 8 and 6 needles for this project.  It just depends on
the yarn, and the size I want the finished stocking to be.

With white, cast on 21 stitches, leaving a 36 inch tail to be used later to
stitch up the cuff and make a loop for hanging.
Rows 1 - 5 Knit the odd rows and pearl the even rows.
Row 6 Knit
Row 7 Pearl
Change to red
Rows 8 - 21 Knit the even rows and pearl the Odd rows.
Row 22 Knit 14, ignore remaining 7 stitches.
Row 23 Pearl 7, ignore remaining 7 stitches.
Rows 24 - 31 Continue working these same 7 stitches by knitting the even
rows and pearl the odd rows.
Row 32 Knit these same 7 stitches, pick up 4 stitches with left needle, knit
these new stitches, knit the remaining 7 stitches on the left needle that
you have been ignoring.  (note If necessary, adjust the number of stitches
you pick up as needed.)
Row 33 Pearl 25, pick up 4 stitches with left needle and pearl, pearl
remaining 7 stitches.  (Note:  you might need to adjust the number of
stitches you pick.  Try to keep it with in one stitch of what you pickup on
the other side.)
Rows 34 - 37 Knit the even rows and pearl the odd rows.

Bind off.
Leave a tail long enough to stitch up the bottom of the stocking.
Fold work so that the right side is facing inside.
Stitch up the bottom of the stocking.
Stitch up the back of the leg with red just  below the ridge where the white
cuff starts.
Turn the stocking right side out.
Finish sewing up the cuff with white by starting at the top and working down
the cuff toward the leg of the stocking.
Draw the remaining length of white yarn through to the inside of the
stocking where the ridge is.
Fold down the cuff.
With a crochet hook draw up a loop at the top of the cuff and begin making
chain stitches.
Continue chaining for approximately 3 inches.
Use a slip stitch to connect the last chain stitch to the top of the
stocking to form a loop.
Pull your tail through the loop, secure all ends, weave in ends, and trim
ends as needed.

Note:  you can increase or decrease the numbers of rows you do for the cuff,
the leg and the side/bottom of the foot as you desire.  You can do the
complete project with a knit stitch for a different look.

Nfb-krafters-korner mailing list
Nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org