[Nfb-krafters-korner] More about Scissors

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Tue Dec 2 17:37:31 UTC 2008

They are cqalled Gingher sharpening stones.  I looked them up on  Yahoo and
this website was the cheapest I found and has a good description of  them.

_http://www.discountyarnsale.com/pd_gingher_knife_edge.cfm_
(http://www.discountyarnsale.com/pd_gingher_knife_edge.cfm)

When I did the search they were priced from $9.95 and on this website it  was
$6.75.

When sharpening Gingher scissors they have one side that you use the stone
on and you do it in one direction.  The scissors are made this way.   After you
sharpen them beginning from the center out to the point, you then  close the
scissors and that is suppose to clean the opposite edge off.   Directions do
come with the stone.

Joyce
AOL.com.