[Nfb-krafters-korner] bead class and other information

tribble lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 01:44:19 UTC 2008

I' like to do the snowflake earings.
Let me know when it is scheduled.
Thanx
--le

----- Original Message -----
From: "Laurie Porter" <freespirit1 at tds.net>
To: "List for blind crafters and artists" <nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 4:04 PM
Subject: [Nfb-krafters-korner] bead class and other information

Howdie Folks:

I apologize for not being able to get in touch about the beading classes.
I've been having some serious computer and internet issues that has left me
with only being able to access the internet with a working wireless signal
on a public wireless system  outside my home and we had to dig out from
about 9 inches of snow this week.

anyway, I'm back now and I want to get some feedack about the beaded
snowflakes class. Joyce and I discussed moving the class to Wednesday,
December 17,  at 6pm central.  That works for me as far as dates go. I just
want to know if there will be enough time for people to get the supplies for
the class. This class introduces you to bead netting and it will definitely
provide new beaders with a challenge. This class requires seed beads,
thread, needles and either ear wires for earrings or hooks for ornaments. I
use the same ornament hooks you can buy in any store. The beads should be a
color that is consistent with what a pretty snowflake would look like.
White, cream, silver, gold frosty white or an irridescent light color are
good choices.  However, I have made some of these ornaments to sell and I
have used Christmas colors like red and green for a few of them. The world
is your oyster, and oh yes, pearl color  would be nice too.

There will be no kits available for the classs, because of a technical
difficulty with orderig the wrong beads. I misread the ordering instructions
and ordered the wrong beads for the class and am in the process of getting
them exchanged but I am at the mercy of theover burdoned postal system and
cannot garentee they would be available in enough time for the chosen date
of the class. If you are interested in the class please email me to sign up.

Here is what I need:

Your name, your email address,  a phone number where you can be reached if
there is a last minute difficulty. If students want to move the date further
closer to Christmas so they can order supplies, I will consider it.