[Nfb-krafters-korner] FQ What new craft are you interested in? tri looms

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Sun Nov 23 18:38:14 UTC 2008

This might be a bit of a challenge to teach via phone conference.   First
each student would have to have their own loom.  Do you have a table  loom?  I
have a small table loom
that you are able to fold it with the weaving still on it.  It cost me  $200.
 It is only 12 inches wide, but you can do scarves, place mats, dish  cloths,
etc.on it.  So this can be an expensive project.

At least with the triangle looms I have sold the ones that I have that are
12 inches for $30- $36.  With a 12 inch loom you can get the idea of how to  do
it and sew the triangles together to make scarves, blankets, ponchos, purses,
 etc.  Then you at least have a chance to decide if you are interested
enough to go out and purchase a larger loom.  My first loom was a 24 inch  triangle
loom.  Because it was larger then my 2 hands I had a job figuring  out on my
own how to weave with it.  I went out and purchased a 12 inch tri  because I
found someone that had a 12 inch one and she showed me how to  weave.  I had
just kinda figured out the jist of doing it before she showed  me hands on.
There was no detailed verbal description of how to do it, but  I have made that
up now for folks that I send along when they buy a loom from  me.

Joyce