[Nfb-krafters-korner] FQ What new craft are you interested in? tri looms

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Sun Nov 23 22:01:44 UTC 2008

Joyce:

Can you explain for me about the "loom" you use.  I've seen looms that allow
weaving and you need to set up warps.  Do your triangle looms work on the
same premise, but perhaps more manual than the big expensive looms that
range in the thousands of dollars?  In stores I've seen little looms that
come in various shapes/sizes and which have pegs running around the rim.  I
think they use a hook like device and are meant more to replicate knitting
rather than weaving.  If I understand what you're doing, you are weaving and
not knitting, right?

For those interested in the topic of weaving/spinning, etc.  there is a six
volume web braille book available on the subject for download.

Just wondering.

Thanks.

Eileen

P.S.  Did you get the last MP3 of the final knitting session?  I downloaded
the file, but it did not play so I'm wondering if it did not turned out.
Perhaps the change in my email address has something to do with it?  I'm not
sure.