[Nfb-krafters-korner] plastic canvas patterns?

Powers, Terry (NIH/OD/DEAS) [E] powerst at dcpcepn.nci.nih.gov
Wed Nov 26 12:36:29 UTC 2008

That is just what our group is for.  Bringing crafts out in to the open
and making paterns accessable for the blind.  It is very time consuming
but if I put a lot of explination in the first booklet, then I should
not need as much detail in the next.  Just give a new person each
booklet.  The first person, I tought, I sent them tactual examples of
each step.  If someone is having trouble, I could send out an example or
help them by phone.  There are a lot of Things out there that are not
real hard to follow.

I just made an ornament with Phil And Val 2008 on it.  A friend of mine
has some friends who got maried this year.  I made the back look like
two pieces of ribben crossing each other and stiched it together.  My
friend is going to put a bow on it and a hanger that you use for
Christmas balls and bingo, you have a commemerative of their wedding
that looks like a gift.  I used sparkle red and sparkle white yarn.
Figuring out the letters on a seperat piece of canvis, was a trip, but I
did it!

Terry