[Nfb-krafters-korner] Friday question

Powers, Terry (NIH/OD/DEAS) [E] powerst at dcpcepn.nci.nih.gov
Fri Oct 24 11:16:22 UTC 2008

I am going to make the braille book marks for 2 of my good friends, with
a cross and a religious word.  Most likely they will use them in their
bibles and remember God and me.
Even though they do not know braille, I might give them an alphabet
card.  They have seen braille many a time.  One has a husband with a
sight problem that is not as bad as mine.  I do not think he uses
braille, yet.
While I have my hands on the keyboard and have contact with you all, a
few weeks ago, Joyce asked what big project we made in our lives.  Last
year, my state president stepped down after many, many years as the
state leader of Maryland.  I made her something very unique.  It was a
cleanex box with the full cell and the whole braille alphabet on it.  I
think I also put the Whozit on it.  It sure took a lot of planning to
space out the letters, but I did it!  It was royal blue with white dots,
done with rug yarn, so they could be felt.  This way she could pramote
the NFB and the use of braille.  I sure wish I could have gotten a
picture of it, but I was finishing it at the state convention.

Joyce;
Your book mark with the NFBKK will be in the mail in a few days.  Anyone
else interested in one, let me know.  I can do one with your name, your
craft, you name it, I can most likely do it.  Give me 2 color choices
and what you want.
Cost; $5.00
I can mail them if you will not be at the 09 National convention.

Terry Powers
powerst at mail.nih.gov