[Nfb-krafters-korner] How Many Different Crafts?

etflemin at ix.netcom.com etflemin at ix.netcom.com
Wed Oct 29 02:21:54 UTC 2008

Hi Folks:

I have a question I started wondering about yesterday while searching for knitting books on NLS.  I check there frequently under my favorite craft, knitting to see what's new or in process.  Anyway, I usually send in request lists of books I'd like to see produced and over all they are good about taking my suggestions seriously.  What started the wheels of my brain going was this ...

I ran a search for the keyword, "beads" and one of the books that came up was a knitting book, in fact, it was one I had requested, but had never seen it under knitting.  So that got me trying to think of other categories where I could find books of interest.  Again, I found another knitting book under Harry Potter and another under Sweaters.  I came across a felting book under "Hats."  The funny thing is they are knitting related, but don't show up under knitting in addition to these other related categories.

My question is have any of you done searches and found other good/interesting crafts books?  Would you mind sharing the classification they can be located under?  I've seen some other neat things in the NLS catalog that I don't think I would have searched for otherwise.

Thanks.

Eileen