[Nfb-krafters-korner] future beading classes

Laurie Porter freespirit1 at tds.net
Wed Oct 29 20:19:49 UTC 2008

the clasps that screw together are called barrel clasps. the ones that have
a ring at one end and a horrizontal bar at the other are called toggles. the
clasps I recommend  and use often for making necklaces and chokers are
called magnetic clasps. they are similar in shape to the barle clasps, but
the're closures are magnetic. I do not recommend these for bracelets as the
magnets attract to anything metal  so they can pull off your wrist. As for
magnetic bead jewelry, I have yet to find magnetic beads that don't
eventually lose their magnetic strength, but you can purchase them from just
about anywhere and string them onto wire. I've never used bead thread for
stringing them, because the ones I've seen are kind of heavy for small bead
thread. so, if you use ordinary bead thread, you should double it or tripple
it for strength.