[Nfb-krafters-korner] Color Wheel

etflemin at ix.netcom.com etflemin at ix.netcom.com
Fri Oct 31 17:22:37 UTC 2008

Annette:

I've tried using the ones we have on small items and as most people who use
them know they are not totally accurate even when scanning over a large
surface area.  However, with yarn, if I have enough to bunch up so it
totally covers the scanner glass it can give an indication of the color.  If
a part of the finger gets scanned, it can throw the results off.  I've used
it on beads of different sizes and sometimes it works and other times is
questionable.  Once I scanned a single bead that I thought was covering the
glass of the scanner, but it was just the right size that before I knew it,
it went into an indentation I didn't realize was on the scanner.  Giving a
good hard shake got the bead out without damaging the color scanner.  If you
try it on small beads like seed beads, its best if the beads are densely
packed together so it cannot pick up extraneous colors.  Also keep in mind
the seed beads have different finishes that can pick up and reflect colors
that are around them and the scanner I think will indicate that too.

HTH.

Eileen