[Nfb-krafters-korner] Color Wheel

David Evans drevans at bellsouth.net
Fri Oct 31 18:23:56 UTC 2008

Dear Nancy,

Putting the beads in a clear plastic bag is a good idea and
placing a Braille label on or in the bag will help in identifying
them later.  As you must place the color identifier firmly
against the object you are trying to get the color of.

I know this as I must use one to identify the color codeing on
electric wires to safely identify them in repairring electrical
items.
It is a trick to make sure that you get a good read from the
color identifier to be sure the color is correct.
I have to identify wire colors that also have a different color
stripe running down it and even sometimes two different color
stripes.
If I goof and I give the item the good old Navy smoke test, it
can be expensive.

David Evans, NFBF
<nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org
>Date sent: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 11:33:05 -0400
>Subject: Re: [Nfb-krafters-korner] Color Wheel

>With the identifier that I have, you cannot use individual beads
because
>they will go into the opening of the unit and get stuck.
However, if you
>have a number of beads in a clear plastic bag, you can sometimes
determine
>the color with the identifier. I

Annette Carr
>Sent: Friday, October 31, 2008 5:23 AM
>To: 'List for blind crafters and artists'
>Subject: Re: [Nfb-krafters-korner] Color Wheel

>What happens when you try to use the color identifier for small
items like
>beads and single strands of yarn.  Does it help any to place the
small item
>on a solid black background?

>Annette

Nancy Yeager
>Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2008 10:52 PM
>To: 'List for blind crafters and artists'
>Subject: Re: [Nfb-krafters-korner] Color Wheel

>Terry,

>The color wheel is a circle that has the primary, secondary and
other colors
>on it.  If you find a color on the wheel and go directly across
to the other
>side you find a complementary color.

>I have a "color identifier".  You put one end of it next to the
clothing or
>other item that you want to identify and it tells you the color.
Good for
>matching socks and other clothing.  You can't use it for small
things like
>beads.

Powers, Terry
>(NIH/OD/DEAS) [E]
>Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2008 3:46 PM
>To: List for blind crafters and artists
>Subject: Re: [Nfb-krafters-korner] Color Wheel

>Nancy;
>What is this device and how is it used or how does it work.  I am
thinking
>of getting a color identifier.

>Terry

accessible color
>wheel?  I have found some useful instructions on the net for
using one and
>think it might help with choosing colors for beading and other
crafts.

>Thanks.

>Nancy Yeager

for