[Nfb-krafters-korner] all quiet does Spring have you out?

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Wed Apr 22 00:25:53 UTC 2009

I had a great time up in New Hampshire last week.  Keepsake Quilting  has a
yarn shop attached to the store called Patternworks.  What luscious  yarn
there, too.  I went in there and fell in love with the feel of this  gorgious
new yarn I can't remember if it was made out of corn or bananas or some
kind of thing you just don't think of when you say the word "yarn", but how
soft  it felt.  Expensive, but they had it in lavender and they had this cable
 shell made out of it.  So, yep I had to get the yarn, the pattern book to
make that.

Havfe any of you seen the tied dye yarn?  Yep, it is cotton and they  had
this one dyed in blues, greys,pinks, purples and I think a little  yellow.  I
had to get that one too.

All I wanted in the yarn store was some baby yellow and some orange with a
size 12 inche size 2 circular needle.  I got this adorable duck scarf
pattern locally and had to get the yarn.  I figured if I started on it over  the
summer I can get it done for my Grand daughter [she is only 15 months now]
and have it ready for the fall.  It is a duck scarf with shaped feet and
nose with a slot in it to slip the head through it.

Maybe we can do it as a knit along class.  I have to test it out  first,
but it is so cute.

Joyce
web. Get the Radio Toolbar!