[Nfb-krafters-korner] Plastic canvas/cross stitch

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Sat Apr 25 21:50:21 UTC 2009

Hi Sydney:

I'm not exactly certain what you mean by tapestry Icons, but think you are
looking to make a visual design with fibers of varying colors.

I'm not the plastic canvas person on the list so can't answer those
questions.

Perhaps you might try doing some stranded color work with knitting.  Or try
a little bead loom that would allow you to make linear designs using
different color beads.  I know a little about the bead loom and still this
is on my list of things to improve upon.  I don't think I'm versed enough to
offer a class on it because there are so many varieties of bead looms, but
if you wanted, we could talk off-list or by phone and I could tell you the
little I know about it & how it works.  It is very cool & i should get back
to it myself.

Let me know if you are interested.

Nls does have 3 weaving books all currently in process, so they won't help
you right now.  Hopefully they will complete them and in a few months
they'll be good  to go.  The 3 titles are: