[Nfb-krafters-korner] Plastic canvas/cross stitch

Powers, Terry (NIH/OD/DEAS) [E] powerst at dcpcepn.nci.nih.gov
Mon Apr 27 18:15:24 UTC 2009

Sidney;
Can you send me a sample of what you are talking about, by e-mail.
Do you mean crosses,or churches?
 Letters can be done.  A human figure is almost imposible because there
are to many colors to show the depth of the figure and also the face.
Let us know in more detail.
I have also done latch hook, but plastic canvis is a lot easier for a
person with a sight problem.  I had my mom outline an area with stitches
and I filled it in.  Latch hook is almost imposible to see for a
partial, even against a white pillow case.
Plastic canvis is more creative.  You can follow paterns and after you
learn different stitches, then you can become creative.
I will have some pictures and a tactual display at convention.
terry