[Nfb-krafters-korner] Please introduce yourselves

Powers, Terry (NIH/OD/DEAS) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Mon Aug 10 19:49:49 UTC 2009

I have less then 20/400, tunnel vision and accept for distinguishing most of my colors by sight, I do everything else by tutch.  I once in a while try to look at an enlarged diagram, but can copy something a lot better from a tactual sample.  The grid is a lot larger than needle point, so it is much easier to find the holes with the needle and your finger.  It can be a very creative craft.  I love it.  I made a cleanex box with the hole braille alphabet in raised dots, for our state president, when she stepped down, after many years as president.  I do a lot of things to pramote the NFB and braille.  Raised characters can be made by using different textured yarns.

Terry Powers
I should be at the chat tonight.  My first time having my own long distance!