[Nfb-krafters-korner] What did you do?

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Wed Aug 19 22:36:05 UTC 2009

What great ideas!  You are not crazy.

Annette

-----Original Message-----
From: nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org
[mailto:nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Henrietta
Brewer
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 3:39 PM
To: List for blind crafters and artists
Subject: Re: [Nfb-krafters-korner] What did you do?

Hi Joyce and All,

I just made all of my girls hair assoseries to help in making braids.
I saw one my neighbor bought at a craft show.  She gave me her sample after
she made them for her Grand Daughters. I went to a beading store with the
sample and asked for help to find the materials.

The man found me nicer silk cording and glass beads. We tried the process
there and I made them and sent them off.  I actually showed my neighbor how
to make the job easier.  She was putting beads on the cording at the open
end. It takes beads on both pieces of a halved piece of cording. I put it on
the folded edge which made it easoier.

This was a very easy project.

I just saw Doggie scrungies.  It is a piece of material hemmed on each end
and sewn together like a tie on an apron.  The tube then is threaded over
the dog's collar.  Thought it was a cute Idea so will take my favorite
brightly colored top with bleach on the front and use the back to make a
scrungy for both My daughter's dog and her youngest daughter. I will do the
same on a band for Alyssa's hair. lol

I am always looking at what I see at craft shows and thinking about how to
do it. I have to say, that I rarely actually do the craft. But this summer
is different.

I also knitted little pouches to mail bracelets I made to the girls.  I put
a note in each one saying that it is a prayer pouch. It will hold three by
five cards. I told them that as I made the pouch I prayed that the study
cards or speech notes would be successful study guides for the holder.  See,
guys, I am just crazy.

Henrietta
At 09:46 AM 8/19/2009, you wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>I thought I might start a series of questions to stimulate all of you
>and I
>  would like to hear from those folks that like to lurk in the
>background, too.
>
>So here is the first of hopefully many.
>
>You come across a crafting project that maybe someone had, a store
>sample, someone selling something at a craft show or searching the net
>and it ssounds  like something you would like to learn more about.
>What did you do to find  out more and to learn how to do it?
>
>Joyce
>Nfb-krafters-korner:
>http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-krafters-korner_nfbnet.org/ga
>ry.brewer%40comcast.net