[Nfb-krafters-korner] Cookie Swap

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Fri Dec 4 20:57:07 UTC 2009

We will take low fat and good stuff treats, too.It does not have to be
fancy holiday either.  Oatmeal cookies are always a good staple and the  stand
by chocolate chip [I haven't had Tollhouse cookies in a long time].

I was the Mom that had warm cookies when they came in the door from
school.  Gee that was too long ago.  It will be better in a couple of  years when
the Grand girls are in school all day and I will have time with only  one
little Princess underfoot half a day.  I will get back into the baking
cookies or having warm stuff coming out of the oven when they get to Grandma's
house after school.

Well I went over to the stove today and felt all over it.  I found the
dials and my DH had eggs boiling on top of the stove for egg salad.  So I
moved the pan around and it is a bit hard figuring out where the pan should
really be wiwith this flat top.

I will just have to get to explore more.

ALet me set you all straight.  I did not cook much once the kids left  the
nest before I went blind.  My husband liked cooking the special meals  and
he did the Sunday cooking.  I had clean up duty.

I loved to bake and sew.

So when I went blind and he took over the cooking it was OK with me.   He
has made comments to me about cooking and he prefers I let him do it.

I was baking last year with the gas oven, but the oven died and I moved
upstairsI have all my measuring stuff down on the first floor so I can go and
get it.  I can always go next door to my Mom's house and bake cookies with
her, too.

Joyce