[Nfb-krafters-korner] Fwd: Annette's knitted little Christmasstocking

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Thu Dec 24 17:16:25 UTC 2009

Here  is the pattern for my version of the little stocking ornament.  I
hope
it  makes sense.  I'm also providing the link to the original  pattern.
Annette's Little Christmas Stocking
Original pattern can be found at URL:
http://www.knitlist.com/95gift/knitsock.htm
I  have used both size 8 and 6 needles for this project.  It just depends
on
the  yarn, and the size I want the finished stocking to be.
With  white, cast on 21 stitches, leaving a 36 inch tail to be used later
stitch up the cuff and make a loop for  hanging.
Rows  1 - 5 Knit the odd rows and pearl the even rows.
Row  6 Knit
Row  7 Pearl
Change to red
Rows  8 - 21 Knit the even rows and pearl the Odd rows.
Row  22 Knit 14, ignore remaining 7 stitches.
Row  23 Pearl 7, ignore remaining 7 stitches.
Rows  24 - 31 Continue working these same 7 stitches by knitting the even
rows  and pearl the odd rows.
Row  32 Knit these same 7 stitches, pick up 4 stitches with left needle,
knit
these new stitches, knit the remaining 7 stitches on the  left needle that
you  have been ignoring.  (note If necessary, adjust the number of
stitches
you  pick up as needed.)
Row  33 Pearl 25, pick up 4 stitches with left needle and pearl, pearl
remaining 7 stitches.  (Note:  you might need  to adjust the number of
stitches you pick.  Try to keep it with in one  stitch of what you pickup
on
the  other side.)
Rows  34 - 37 Knit the even rows and pearl the odd rows.
Bind  off.
Leave a tail long enough to stitch up the bottom of the  stocking.
Fold  work so that the right side is facing inside.
Stitch up the bottom of the stocking.
Stitch up the back of the leg with red just  below  the ridge where the
white
cuff  starts.
Turn  the stocking right side out.
Finish sewing up the cuff with white by starting at the  top and working
down
the  cuff toward the leg of the stocking.
Draw  the remaining length of white yarn through to the inside of the
stocking where the ridge is.
Fold  down the cuff.
With  a crochet hook draw up a loop at the top of the cuff and begin making
chain stitches.
Continue chaining for approximately 3 inches.
Use  a slip stitch to connect the last chain stitch to the top of the
stocking to form a loop.
Pull  your tail through the loop, secure all ends, weave in ends, and trim
ends  as needed.
Note:  you can increase or decrease the numbers of  rows you do for the
cuff,
the  leg and the side/bottom of the foot as you desire.  You can do  the
complete project with a knit stitch for a different  look.
Nfb-krafters-korner mailing list
Nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org
http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-krafters-korner_nfbnet.org/amcarr1

%40verizon.net