[Nfb-krafters-korner] Questionaire for Monday Night Chats, please read

eileen SCRIVANI etscrivani at verizon.net
Tue Dec 29 15:49:26 UTC 2009

Hi Joyce:

Here's my responses to your questions ...

1.  Would you like to have a place on the website that has a list of
Monday Night Chat Topics coming up and that have gone by?

A. I think if the Monday night chat has a topic it could be helpful for
people to know.  Then if the topic interests them, they will make an effort
to call in.  So, yes I like the idea of listing topics when they are known.
If the topic isn't known, just list it as being an open discussion, but
maybe it would be a good idea to always have 1 person who volunteers to host
or moderate the chat and is there to make sure everybody gets a say during
the course of the chat and put questions out that will draw quieter people
into the discussion to get everyone talking.

3. We need folks to host the Monday Night Chat.  You really  don't
need to know much about the topic if there is a topic chosen.   Probably who
ever suggested the topic or one of us will host it, but you need to  take
part and just stimulate conversation and ask your questions.  So  please let
me
know if you are willing to maybe host one of these in the  future.  We all
need to chip in and make this the best place for  everyone.

A. I'm willing to help host some of the chats if it will help.  Right now, I
don't have any suggestions for topics, but will think on it and let you
know.

4. Do you Think we should record the Monday Night Chats?
A.  Personally, I don't see a need for recording the chats.  I like the
synopsis when people do the little write ups after the chats, or if a
message gets sent to the list giving web sites that might have come up
during the chat.

6. Do you have a suggestion for a different time.  We don't seem to be
attracting folks much further west and if anything can be done for more
folks
to  join us I would like your opinion on that.
A.  Again, personally, I would not like it at a later time in the evening.
I'm on the east coast and if the chat or classes start at 8 and end around 9
PM that's late for me.  Maybe if you had some people who lived on the west
coast and could host/moderate the chats there could be a "second" session
that could begin at 9 or whatever time for people who need a later
time-frame??  If people on the east wanted to stay on to talk with the
different time zone folks then that would also be okay, but it doesn't force
people to choose a later time in order to participate.

Eileen