[Nfb-krafters-korner] working on knitting and beading homework

Carol Osmar osmarc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 23 14:33:20 UTC 2009

Terry, I had the same problem with the stitches hanging up at the
end of the needle.  I found that after a couple of rows it gets
easier.  Also, the rubber band was hanging up for me.  Since
Santa put a package of stitch markers in my stocking I tried
them.  I know not everybody likes them but for me, they work
well.  All they are is a small plastic ring that slides over the
needle.  I was thinking you could probably even use a simple
piece of jewelry type ring to try it.

Also you are not alone with the beading.  I think we just have to
kind of work the thread after each pass to make sure it is laying
properly before adding more beads.  I have been using fishing
line but I am going to go back to thread to see if that works
better.  Maybe Laurie has more suggestions but I really like
beading and I don't want to give up on it.

Carol