[Nfb-krafters-korner] Detroit --NFB Convention 2009 tips & info

Rovig, Lorraine LRovig at nfb.org
Mon Jan 5 22:12:01 UTC 2009

The 2009 NFB annual convention will be July 3 through July 8.  This year
for the first time, convention ends at the end of the evening banquet on
the 8th; tours are offered on the next day.

The way I think about the big convention is that the days divide
themselves into 3 different kinds of activities.  July 3 is commonly
called Set-Up Day and offers many workshops and seminars all day and
into the evening.  The next two days offer tons of meetings--the NFB
Board of Directors, the meeting on resolutions, the 3 and 4 hour
meetings for the many NFB divisions and groups, including a meeting of
this Krafters' group (?), while meanwhile the NFB Exhibit Hall is open
from breakfast through to supper both days.  The next 3 days have all of
us in a giant ballroom facing the podium where the important and or
interesting speakers have a chance to tell us about their programs and
services and we have a chance to tell the operators of these programs
what they are doing right and doing wrong (and get it on the record when
they promise changes).  There will be tours planned by our NFB-Michigan
affiliate or the Detroit Chapter offered by a professional tour company
on the day after the banquet.  Tour Day is Thursday, July 9.

Here is the number I just received in a staff meeting here for anyone
who wants to call to make a reservation at the Detroit Marriott,
Renaissance Center, our convention hotel in Detroit this summer:
800-266-9432.

I suggest folks go to www.nfb.org and click on the page for convention
information to learn more.

Lorraine Rovig