[Nfb-krafters-korner] Rosary Pictures.

slery slerythema at insightbb.com
Sat Jan 31 06:54:48 UTC 2009

As a photographer, I would be happy to offer you some suggestions.

When you have your item set up, place the camera lens in the center of the
picture you want. Don't actually let the lens touch the object but place
your finger at the bottom center of the lens opening to judge where the
placement is because not all lens are centered on the body of the camera.

Now slowly pull back away from your item trying to keep the item centered.
If you discover that you cannot keep your center during pull back, get a
yard stick and place it along the bottom of the camera when you are trying
to center the lens. Then leave the yard stick touching the item and slide
the camera along up the length of the yard stick. Remember to remove the
yard stick before taking the picture.

It depends on the size of your project as to how far away you will need to
be. For smaller objects, two feet would probably be okay. For larger
objects, you will need to pull back farther. This really varies by camera so
you will just have to experiment and have sighted feedback.

To focus the camera, keep it still and press the shutter button down half
way. Most cameras will give you an audible beep. It is a good idea to
release the shutter button and do it one more time if you are unable to see
if it is focused or not. The second time you press it half way, you can
simply pause at the half way for the beep and then go ahead and press it all
the way down. Generally, you should take at least two pictures. It is
digital so you are not wasting film by taking more. Professionals always use
more and bank on getting one good shot out of ten.

Let me know if I need to describe any thing in more detail.

Cindy

et.org/etscrivani%40verizon.net