[Nfb-krafters-korner] Back from Detroit

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Tue Jul 14 19:47:39 UTC 2009

Linda:

If you have sighted help that's an advantage.  With the long-tail method,
you are using only the one, right  needle to knit the yarn off of your
left-hand fingers.  Basically, the left-hand thump is acting like your left
knitting needle and the left index/pointer finger just kind of maintains
tension on the working yarn as you knit with the strand of working yarn.

Maybe it would be easier for you to understand if your sister does the
actual cast-on for you and just shows you the knit stitch.  Once you
understand the motions made for knitting a stitch, it will be easier to
understand the motions for the long tail cast on.  Don't give up on it it is
one of the best cast on's you can learn.

Eileen