[Nfb-krafters-korner] KuKu dolls

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Fri Jun 19 09:50:32 UTC 2009

Well, I'm assuming that all or part of the doll is knitted.  I'd like to
find out more.  Are the arms and legs knitted?  What about the head?  I'm
wondering if you have to do any stitching to give it facial details and
more.

I have learned that the women who designed the dolls, have gone to Africa
and taught women there how to make the dolls and sell them as a means for
income.  They've also made the dolls and gave them to children in the U.S.
who have been involved in natural disasters.

Annette