[Nfb-krafters-korner] Recreation reply

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Wed Jun 24 00:59:09 UTC 2009

Below you will find my reply to his email on our list.

Hi,

I am the President of the NFB Krafters Division.  I noticed that you  have
joined our list and I checked out your website.  Well, let me say one  thing
would like to guess that more folks around the world enjoy and  consider
working with their hands creating crafts are a major recreation,  pastime,
stimulating
passion for some of us whether we do this for fun,  employment, recreation
or just to keep our hands and mind busy.

We here at the Krafters Korner have brought blind folks together to share
and teach the love and skills of many crafts.  We have even turned this
into an
International Happening for the blind and visually  impaired.

We have been having blind folks teach their crafting know how to other
blind folks through telephone conference calling.  We have hooked folks up  via
Stypes
to sit in on classes living in Austrailia and hoping to add other
countries in the near future.

In the last year we have had such classes as jewelry making with beading,
Fun with Soap making, Origami, beginners and advanced knitting classes, and
we
have plans in the future for more beading and Origami, Sewing and Quilting
Herbs and Spices projects, etc.

I would love to talk to folks more about this as recreation is not just
sporting events.

Joyce Kane, President

NFB Krafters Division

President