[Nfb-krafters-korner] knitting needles

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Tue Jun 30 00:31:59 UTC 2009

I believe that the current status is yes, but the FAA recommends that you be
prepared to give them up at security as this is left up to each airport.
There are some standing restrictions such as the maximum length of a
circular needle.  It was recommended to me to bring a self addressed envelop
and postage with you.  This way if at security they tell you that the
knitting needles cannot go with you, you can mail them back to your home.

I'll try to remember to ask around at work tomorrow.  I work for the U.S.
Department of Transportation.

Annette