[Nfb-krafters-korner] Quilting another comment

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Sun Mar 8 19:32:45 UTC 2009

When you cut your stuff do you use a exacto knife?  If you are using  that I
am sure with some tips you can use a rotary cutter.  You just  need to pay
attention on what you are doing because the blades are so  sharp.  With the tools
I have found available out their I can do it very  well.  I would suggest for
those who would be interested in giving  this a try, start keeping those
coupons for Joann's fabric and the craft  stores that might have some of these
things on their shelves.   I basically have found most in Joann's.  Although I
have some of these  newer types of tools and shapes that the quilt store
carries.  You will  need a cutting board, too.  They have all sizes of those and even
in the  quilt shop they had a lazy susan one that you can rotate around and
it is  around 18 by 20 inches in size, but that baby was selling for $70.
Another  good thing to put on your list is freezer paper.  This is a great tool
and  you can even get someone to cut out the shapes in the paper and iron them
onto your fabric.  That way you can then cut out leaving a 1/4 inch seam
allowance and have shapes for to applique onto a block.  You can feel  the edge
and turn it under to hand stitch the edge.

I have a lot of tricks and will have to plan a class to share with  you.

Joyce
**************Check all of your email inboxes from anywhere on the web.  Try
the new Email Toolbar now!
(http://toolbar.aol.com/mail/download.html?ncid=txtlnkusdown00000027)