[Nfb-krafters-korner] Knitting query regarding casting on.

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Tue Mar 24 04:11:58 UTC 2009

The Harmony set has a nice selection of extra cords that you can buy in
lengths up to 60 inches.  Unlike the Denise set, there are not any
connectors to join cords to make a really long cord.  You Can however, buy
extra cords that are sold 2 in a set.  I forget the price on the extra
cords, but the entire set is either $70 or $74.  The set comes with 2
lengths for a total of 4 cords ... I forget the lengths of the cords that
come in the set but they are shorter ones.  The set comes with 9 needle
sizes from 4 through 11.  Also with the set is a nice zipper storage pouch
for the tips & cords.  With each cord you get caps if you use them for
holders & there are also little metal keys to tighten up the tips.  I'm
lazy, so don't use the keys, just check every now and then to make sure my
tips are on nice & snug.  If you use them you can also buy seperate tips in
sizes 13, 15 & 17.

I find the needles very comfortable, but it is hard to beleive that they are
wood.  They have nice sharp points and I think the color coating makes them
nice and slick.  The Knit Picks web site is:  www.knitpicks.com

Right now, I'm using them on the flip coat which is knit with a brushed
alpaca yarn that is much like mohair.  The tips go right into the stitch,
nice & sharpe & clean.  I think to that if your order is $50 or more you get
free shipping with KnitPicks.

Eileen