[Nfb-krafters-korner] Are there any sewers, quilters out there?

Rovig, Lorraine LRovig at nfb.org
Sun Mar 29 22:16:00 UTC 2009

About sewing:  I was an NFB convention several years ago and happened to
meet the adult daughter of Mrs. Ramona Walhof during the annual banquet.
She had a lovely dress that was made of the same fabric as the
store-bought dress I was wearing for the banquet night, so we exchanged
complements and "where did you get yours" information.  Her mother,
Ramona, had made it for her daughter and, of course, used a sewing
machine.  Back in the Iowa Commission for the Blind, I remember one male
student learned how to make a man's suit for himself (I believe he
preferred that over making something out of wood), and various female
students learned how to work with dress patterns to sew some wardrobe
items.

Cordially,

Lorraine Rovig
Assistant to Mr. Anil Lewis, Chairperson
NFB Scholarship Committee
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND