[Nfb-krafters-korner] Kill me if you want

Henrietta Brewer gary.brewer at comcast.net
Fri May 1 18:14:28 UTC 2009

Hi Valery,
Oh, that hat patern is great. I love it.  I thought i would do some
this summer in time to share for cold weather.

Now I am making my girls dish cloths for Mother's Day. I will also
give them homemade soaps and a picture I made with my husband. We
took a piece of green satin material. we used pearl ended straight
pins and wrote, in braille letters, "with all our love". I used the
with sign to make it a piramid looking message. We added a butterfly
pin I had to the top corner. Then Dan took pictures until he had one
that looked good. We framed the eight by ten photos. This way, if
they hang it, they will have to explain to their friends about
braille and what it says. One more little way to keep braille alive.

No, I am not much of a canner.  I have done a lot of dehydrating.  It
is so much fun.  Dried fruits, veggies, caseroles and my favorite,
powdered veggies.  I dry ends of green veggies I cut up, extra
spinach, broccoli stems and then powder them.  I have a jar that Dan
used puffy paint to write "Green Jar".  I use this in meatloaves,
spegetti sauce, in rice and veggie caseroles and lots of places where
veggies can hide and give neutrition.  Right now they are talking
about drying tomatoes and powdering them to use as tomato paste.

The list discusses all kinds of preserving like making sour kraut,
carmelized onions, canned and dried meats,  lots of fun things.

I do make a lot of applebutter and pumpkin butter.  It seems like
every month I add a new idea to my recipes.

Well, hope this tells you about the list.