[Nfb-krafters-korner] slippers pattern

Valerie rosetta at adam.com.au
Sun May 10 22:28:12 UTC 2009

Hello everyone, hope Mother's Day was celebrated in a special way for all.
I received a pair of 100 percent, lambs wool -lined slippers as my gift, the
tops can be rolled up to form short boots, haven't yet come off my feet
since  receiving them!!

My cousin  sent me a pair of knitted slippers that she had bought from a
fair, they have a thicker underfoot or sole. The design is hard to explain
well, but the  sides and top are knitted in, I'd say, an 8 ply, but the sole
seems to be several strands of 8 ply knitted together or perhaps a very
chunky ply.  Has anyone come accross  such a pattern?  I'd love to try
making these slippers.. The design is just to ankle height and the piece
behind the ankle is a seam, also there is a seam running along the top of
the foot.  The toe seems to have been shaped, they are a great pair of
indoor slippers. .

I f anyone has made the same or similar, I'd love to hear. Best wishes.
Valerie