[Nfb-krafters-korner] felting

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Tue May 12 22:09:34 UTC 2009

OK just off the top of my head, so don't hold me to this[I will have to do
some research prior to the class for more detail], but I believe with
felting  that this also depends on how closely you pay attention and the way you
do the  felting, you can reduce the size of the felted piece 1/4 to 1/3 the
original  size.

So if you throw it in the washing machine and then toss it in your dryer
and don't take it out until you remove all your dryed clothes, yes it will
fit  that Barbie Doll or at least the toddler.  My friend knits socks and she
did exactly the above thing with a beautiful pair of wool socks she knitted
for  herself.  Well she is an American size 8 or 9 shoe and the poor socks
were  too small for my 1 year old Grand daughter.

So you just need to do this and take your time.

Wool felts do to the fricsion of the rubbing together whether by machine or
 hand and it does not just instantly begins to felt as soon as you drop it
in.  That is why you need to put it in and take it out.

You can always felt it more if you think it needs it, but you can't undo
it.  Joyce
**************Recession-proof vacation ideas.  Find free things to do in
the U.S.