[Nfb-krafters-korner] Can anyone help with the correct name for this craft?

Valerie rosetta at adam.com.au
Sun May 17 01:15:41 UTC 2009

Hello Joyce, I think the  place mats were made on strung thread or similar
on a frame  or a board, the wine bottles I  think the tubing  formed a sort
of a mesh diamond pattern. A place mat I remember was of a white background
with a large pansy as the centre pattern in violet and yellow colours.  My
aunt would have bowls of different colors of small diameter tubing lengths
and thread them according to the pattern. The tubing was bought   on rolls
and she had a little machine that used to slice though in the correct
lengths. She used to make bookmarks  too.
Many thanks Valerie