[Nfb-krafters-korner] Need ideas for a knitting pattern

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Tue Nov 10 02:03:17 UTC 2009

Hello All,

I recently came across a few patterns for knitted paw prints.  I would like
to incorporate one of them into a knitted shawl.  My original thought was to
have the paw prints moving diagonally across the shawl in pairs, with some
other simple pattern surrounding the paw prints.  Sort of like a sidewalk
with the paw prints, and grass on either side of it.  Well after not finding
a combination I liked, I'm now thinking of some sort of lace pattern for the
shawl with paw prints in a single line as a border around the edge.

Does anyone have any thoughts on all of this?  Maybe a suggestion for a lace
pattern.  I'm leaning towards a 10 row repeat.  I am open to ideas.

I'm thinking I will want my finished project to be approximately 24 inches
by 72 inches.  I'm considering some type of Danna's Choice yarn, in some
type of medium color shade.  A friend at work suggested the color of pumpkin
pie filling. .  But then I'm also giving thought to using cotton.  I'm not a
real fan of wool.

Annette