[Nfb-krafters-korner] crafty uses for the pen friend

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Sat Nov 14 01:10:14 UTC 2009

Great ideas!

-----Original Message-----
From: nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org
[mailto:nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Henrietta
Brewer
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2009 1:07 PM
To: nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfb-krafters-korner] crafty uses for the pen friend

Hi to everyone,

I got my pen friend a week ago.  I have enjoyed it for labeling things to
help me be more independant.

As I used it I realized that by having family members do the recording I
have the added joy of hearing different loved ones read to me.  A great idea
for use with parents that are lonely or for kids who are leaving home for
school. Not only di you give them independance but a loving message. lol

But for crafting ideas I have come up with this plan.  Make a picture frame
or photo album come alive by having the people in pictures discribe the
picture. Each time you check out the picture you can hear that loved ones
voice. If by chance, you are giving a pen friend as a gift a photo album all
labeled would be a great addition.

Also, adding a message to a card would bring it alive to a blind person.  Of
course, you have to use their pen friend which makes it more difficult.

Henrietta
~I wish you enough~