[Nfb-krafters-korner] anyone interested in crocheting?

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 11 12:10:17 UTC 2009

I have crocheted a long time and have a number of patterns. I haven't done
it in a while, but it is easier than knitting in that the stitches (to me)
are easier to feel and also there is only one point where it could unravel,
unlike knitting where there is a whole row of stitches that could drop and
produce holes.
With winter coming, I have an especially good pattern for a crocheted hat
that is easy and only requires a teacher to show the first 8 rows. The rest
is just repetitions of those rows, and of course when you are done
crocheting you have to crochet the seam and make a pompom or tassel.
Let me know if you want me to write up the pattern, like i did the pattern
for the knit slippers.
I have made many of these hats.  They make great gifts.
--le