[Nfb-krafters-korner] Free Knitted Berett Pattern.

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Thu Oct 15 23:10:30 UTC 2009

Hi:

For those of you who might be gearing up for cold weather knitting & Christmas presents, I just made a really nice, simple knitted beret.  The pattern is on the Lion Brand web site, and while the yarn they suggest has been discontinued, I used a worsted weight wool and it turned out nicely.  Actually, I used two strands of a sport weight washable wool.  The only thing I would suggest doing differently from pattern directions (the pattern does not tell you to do this), is when working the brim to work it in a needle size 2 sizes smaller than the main body of the hat.  I used the suggested size 7 needles for both brim and main portions and the brim on my hat was way to large/loose.  I was able to work the entire hat from brim to the ending decreasing rounds using the magic loop method.  At the very end I did use 2 double pointed needles to work the I-cord for the top knot.  .  Very easy with very little finishing! Here is the link:

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/kim-beret.html?r=1

Enjoy.

Eileen