[Nfb-krafters-korner] Rug Hooking Book ...

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 28 22:50:44 UTC 2009

Sounds like a catchy title...*snicker*
I wonder what she'd say about the half finished 4 foot plush giraffe that I
designed and cut and sewed and stuffed for a class in high school.  I
discovered I hadn't left enough ease for the armpits and to make the thing
lay right, I had to put gussets under the legs.  At that point, I counted
the head and neck (which were finished) for credit in my project and that
pathetic old giraffe is still with me.
I couldn't bear throwing it away -- it's head turned out so cute.  I had a
lot more vision then and drew the pattern based on pictures from the
encyclopedia, with a little artistic flair to make it kind of Bambi-like.
Anyone want a giraffe? I'm embarrassed for having kept it. It is stuffed
with cut up nylon socks.
Maybe I'll forget the body part and gussets and make a puppet from the neck
and head. Then it would get some use.
Happy krafting.
--le