[Nfb-krafters-korner] knitting book

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Tue Sep 29 18:08:14 UTC 2009

Terry:

My list was not a complete list of all the craft related books NLS has.  I
only made up a list of things that may not be some of the "more common"
crafts.  If you search on the keyword/phrase "knitting"  154 selections come
up!  This includes books that are audio cassette, hard-copy Braille, Web
Braille and Digital Talking Book formats.  Likewise, keyword "crocheting"
will bring up about 68 plus or minus a few selectionsl.  The list I compiled
also only included those titles that are more recent and available in Web
Braille or DTB format, not the audio cassettes or hard-copy Braille.

Remember also that if you are not a Braille reader, you can still "listen"
to Web Braille books on a reader stream, book port, K1,000, Braille Plus and
I don't know how many other players/devices.  So bottom line is there are a
lot of good web Braille selections and you can listen to them without having
to read Braille!  Just contact your local Braille lending library to request
a userid & password ... the userid & password you use for downloadable
talking books is different from what you will need to access web Braille
books.

Eileen