[Nfb-krafters-korner] rag rugs

AUDREY WELLNER rencraft at snet.net
Sat Apr 3 04:54:12 UTC 2010

Hi Carol,
   This is great!  The Great Northern site is the type of companies that I'd like to hear about. If anyone knows more sites like this I'd like to know about them.  I used to get dance/costume (glitzy) material in lots from a specialty fabric place in Minnesota called Rubensten & Ziff, but haven't ordered from them in a long time.  Not doing troupe work any longer. I'm looking for good buys from companies that sell bolted material or mill ends wholesale. Can't find them anymore. Had one in upstate New York and Levine and Sons in PA, but they're all gone. I know there's some down around Boone, North Carolina, but I can't find them.
   Carol, JoAnn's Fabric sells a Simplicity Rotary cutting machine for cutting fabric into strips from 1/2" to 2" or 3" wide.  It sells for $60, but you could watch for a 50% off coupon and that would do the trick.
   I looked at Great Northern site and I love that selvage edge rag rug they got on display. Would love to know how to do that. I think you should teach one of these techiques as a class.  Great Northern's rolls of  cotton rag fabric look pretty. I can just imagine how they'd work up. Thanks
   Audrey Wellner
   Secretary, Krafters Korners