[Nfb-krafters-korner] Using A Life Line ...

eileen scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Mon Apr 12 18:41:28 UTC 2010

Hi Knitters:

On Friday night, during the last session of the double knitted pouch, the subject of using a life line came up.  Well, today I got a news letter which I subscribe to and low and behold they were discussing the use of a life line in lace knitting.  Of course, you don't just have to be a lace knitter to use a life line, but any time your afraid of having to rip/frog back after having made a mistake or dropping stitches and going back becomes a problem the life line is just what the name says, a life line/saver. The article talks about using a length of contrasting yarn as the life line, but I find super fine very long circular needles to be the best type of life line.  I try to use size triple 0 (000) in a 40 or 50 inch length.   In years past I think I was able to purchase the Addi Lace needles from either Pattern Works, or The Mannings (both on line).  Here is the link to the article that you might want to read:

http://knitting.about.com/od/knittingskills/ss/lace-lifeline.htm?nl=1

Eileen