[Nfb-krafters-korner] we have some new folks here

MS S TILLETT suetillett at verizon.net
Wed Apr 14 15:48:56 UTC 2010

I sew and would be interested.   I guess you would use it for making clothes?  I haven't gotten into cllothes yet but hope too.  Right

now I am making a quilted piano bench cushion, and it is taking forever, with the help of a good friend.  I cut out five navy and five cream squares, which we alternated down each side, with a cream strip down the center.  Then we put some batting and a piece of material the same size under that, and sewed to lines of the honeycomb stitch down the cream strip.  My friend has a neat attachment that allows you to sew in a circle, and we are going to sew concentric circles in each of the squares with navy thread on the cream squares, and cream thread on the navy squares.  With the batting in between, it gives it a quilted look.  Then we will give it sides and a back to go around the two inch foam, and put in a zipper, and make an envelope cover out of muzlin to cover the foam rubber.  I love designing sewing projects!

If any of you have been standing at the counter at JoAnn's where they cut the fabric and wondering why there is this big crack in the counter, I found out yesterday what it is for.  They use it to cut straight  and the scissors fit into it and it keeps the cut straight.  Pretty cool, and apparently sighted people don't even notice and wonder why the person can cut so straight, said the woman behind the counter.

Sue, Wonder, and Gilly