[Nfb-krafters-korner] FRIDAYS QUESTION: What things as ablindcrafter do you find difficult in working your craft of choice?

eileen scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Sat Apr 17 00:48:40 UTC 2010

Hi Laura:

Well, if you decide to do a class on mattress stitch & Joyce is good-to-go
with it, you have at least one student so far.  Actually, I forgot about
using a crochet hook and slip stitching seams together.  The neurotic,
perfectionist side of me hears other knitters saying how there's nothing
like mattress stitch though to seam pieces together.  If I remember, the
slip stitch works, but the seam is a bit bulker than mattress.

I think if I got a good explanation & had a better understanding of what
strands I should be going under I'd catch on ... I say that now!

Actually, I have a yoke style sweater I made last winter (bottom up and
joined sleeves & body at under arms) and I just tried mattress seaming the
little holes at the under arm.  I did one side and left the other one since
I'm a doubting Thomas.  Never sure of what I'm doing.  I thought this would
be good to start with because the seams will be in my armpits and if someone
comments on sloppy work there they are looking way to closely.

Hope this will be a class in the very near future since I could always use
it.

Thanks.

Eileen