[Nfb-krafters-korner] we have some new folks here

Dixie blueherons at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 21 01:27:40 UTC 2010

Hi,

My name is Dixie, and   I live in Connecticut.  I have been doing crafts
since I was a little kid.  My favorite crafts were crochet, knitting,
macramé, beading, counted cross stitch, pulled thread embroidery, drawn
thread embroidery, needlepoint, bargello, sewing, hmmmm,  I am sure I am
missing something in that list.  I lost my sight about 5 years ago, and I
have been trying to get back up and running with my crafting.

My first love was the embroideries, but, I just have no clue how to do those
in the dark.  Knitting I was very poor at, and now I am getting better, I am
mediocre!  I am starting to get my crocheting back, which I enjoy doing so
much more than knitting.  But, I have taken up spinning.  It was always a
dream of mine to learn and so, this was the time to take it up.  I am really
enjoying spinning and hope to get into spinning dog hair.  Cobalt, My
Fidelco Shepherd being the first fiber donor to this new endeavor.

I look forward to meeting you all, and hope to join in on one of the chats
in the not to distant future.

Dixie
AIM:  Cobaltblueheron
blueherons at sbcglobal.net