[Nfb-krafters-korner] neat dream

Dixie blueherons at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 26 15:16:34 UTC 2010

This weekend I went to the  Connecticut Sheep Breeders Fiber Festival.

I picked up a few things for myself.

I got a knitty knotty, also, I found a small loom to try out and see if I
like weaving.  I am very interested in finding a tri-loom.  I had my hands
on a beautiful shawl made by one of my spinning friends, and I am very
excited about learning that technique!  I also got an audio book on knitting
and crocheting.  Hmmm, oh yeah, some wonderful feta pesto.  The pesto was
made with sheep's milk cheese, pine nuts, walnuts, basil, oil and feta
cheese.  I am going to make a nice batch of bread and thoroughly enjoy the
two together!

Becky, your dream reminded me of a scarf I participated in this past fall.
We, my friend and I submitted a length of scarf we had knit to be included
in the "World's longest Scarf" made from natural fibers.  It was a
fundraiser for www.hefferinternational.org
the knitters donated $10.00 per inch they contributed.  The funds were to go
to buying supplies for a recipient who would like to raise some form of
natural fiber.  Our picture was taken, but unfortunately I was cut out as my
friend was holding the section we submitted.  So, anyway I am standing next
to the woman photographed in Wild Fibers magazine.  How is that for a brush
with greatness!  *giggle*.

Dixie