[Nfb-krafters-korner] Basket Weaving

Jewel S. herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 02:06:34 UTC 2010

Hi all,
I have done basket weaving in the past. I still have a basket I did
about four years ago. A friend's aunt gave me five basket-weaving kits
that were given to her, but she said she has no interest or time for
basket weaving. They are different baskets, and they have print
instructions with them, but I can't read print.

Does anyone know an online source of basket-weaving instructions, or a
book available from RFB&D, BookShare, Audible.com, NLS, or from
another audio publishers (or even in Braille, though I doubt that a
bit)? I would really like to get started with these baskets; I have a
freind whom I know would love the one that is a stairway basket (meant
to sit on the stairs to carry things up and down), but I don't know
how to make that design. I've only made a basket oval-shaped basket,
and these baskets are not that. One is the stair-basket. One is a
heart-shaped. Another is an egg basket, like those found in medieval
paintings of markets. And I don't know what the others are.

Anyone have suggestions for where to get the instructions for these
baskets online or in an accessible book?

~Jewel