[Nfb-krafters-korner] Directions for making a slip knot

Dixie blueherons at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 29 14:17:28 UTC 2010

Directions to make a slip knot.

1.  With your left hand  pinch the short end of a string about 3 inches  up
the string, between your thumb and pointer finger.  With the other fingers
on your left hand hold the short end of the string against the palm of your
hand.
2. With your right hand, Wrap the long end of the string around the back of
your pointer finger on the left hand , cross over the section of the string
you are holding on to.
3.  Push the string up against the finger and under the string that is
wrapped around it, past where the string crosses on your finger.  4.  Pull a
bended piece, or loop,  of string up through that section that is wrapped
around your pointer finger.
5.  Holding onto that loop, pull the string off your finger and tighten the
knot with your short end.
6.  You should now have a knot, above the knot is a loop, below the knot are
2 lengths, the short end and the long end.
7.  To test the slip knot, Pull on the loop, it should enlarge the loop by
feeding string through the knot from the long end of the string .  Also, if
you tug on the long end of the string,  it will decrease the size of the
loop.  .  If you pull both the short and the long end, the knot will come
completely out of the string.

You'll have to tell me how these directions work for you.  I have never
written out knot directions before.  Thanks!

Dixie