[Nfb-krafters-korner] For Sale Sewel Boards

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Sun Aug 1 12:21:59 UTC 2010

The Sewell Line Drawing Kit was available from APH.  It consisted of a
clipboard type of thing that was coated with rubber.  You would place a
picture or diagram printed on a sheet of paper on top of the rubber, and
then place a clear sheet of cellophane over it.  Both the paper and
cellophane would be secured to the rubberized board with the clamping
mechanism at the top of the board. The clamps could be at the side if you
oriented the board that way.  You would then use a inkless pen to trace over
the drawing on the printed paper.  This would cause raised lines to be
produced on the cellophane.  The raised lines were on top of the cellophane,
so you did not have to remove it to see how it was coming out.  We would use
different types of lines with varying amounts of pressure to indicate color
or other visual characteristics of the printed picture/diagram.  If there
were labels on the original drawing, we would make braille labels and stick
them to the cellophane.  The Sewell Line Drawing Kit was very helpful in
science and math classes, but I've used it for many other things.  I wish I
had one.  I did not realize that they were no longer available.

Annette